Thursday 27 September 2012

THE GREAT ESCAPE

Great news!!!!  The Droitwich canal locked locks were unlocked and so the captive boats were able to escape.......

This did mean going back the way we had arrived, under the M5 tunnel bridge and everyone on board holding their breath again.  But I must have lost weight in the 5 days in Droitwich as I managed it.  As we set off the sun was shining but within 15 minutes the sky opened and drenched Pete, Susan and Mazey.  I got a good soaking too but I don't mind being wet.  Susan and Pete shared the locks and all went OK up to the point where Susan was driving into the last but one lock, where the lock keeper had opened the bottom gates for her and was waiting for me to enter.  We seemed to be heading in a straight line and then suddenly she lost control and ended up banging my hull into the lock and then made me bounce off the other side before she managed to straighten me up into the lock.  I heard her shout "Sorry" to the lock keeper and Pete said "More painting to do...." I did not hear anyone say sorry to me....

Poor Mazey was unwell this morning and spent a while at the vets - very hot 103 degree temp.  After a large shot in the neck, she was allowed back to the boat and has been sleeping this evening.  All is happy and settled on the 24 hour mooring at Hanbury Wharf.

Susan says "Sorry no photos as run out of megs for upload"........





No comments:

Post a Comment