Friday 21 September 2012

Droitwich Junction

Dreamer's Journey:

I left the mooring at 9:30 ish this morning.  Surprised to see at 9:00 that all but one of the boats moored here last night had already gone.....  Probably as their owners are'nt lazy bods!!!  Arrived at the Droitwich canal Junction at 2:00 pm.  This is a newly restored canal and opened recently.  Excited about what it has to offer as the original canals (The Barge Canal and Junction Canal) were used by my ancestors to carry salt mainly in the 1700's and 1800's.  At one end is the Worcester & Birmingham  canal which is where I am at the moment - Hanbury 24 hour moorings.  The other end links to the River Severn - Hawford.  

Today I cruised through 12 locks and 4.5 miles.  Susan drove into all the locks and bashed me about a bit but Pete with Mazey prep'd the locks.  There were a few raised voices and swearing but generally all went well.  Up until recently, Susan was not happy about driving me into locks but now she is much more confident and happy to do them - especially if it means she can chill out on the back............  The weather was Ok until about 1 hour ago when it started raining which prompted them to stop early - personally, I don't understand what a bit of wet has to do with stopping cause my bottom is always wet anyway ;-))

My view this morning - end of Tardebigge Locks

This is where I was moored this morning

My bow

Water point

Pile up on the canal

Droitwich canal entrance



No comments:

Post a Comment