Monday 2 June 2014

Hertford to Broxbourne - New Journey to Kennet and Avon

2nd June 2014

Whoop whoopie......  we are off.....  new adventure.... Kennet and Avon here we come!!!  So excited.  Don't get me wrong I have had a great time on the River Stort and River Lea.  I think we will be hard pushed to find such wonderful stretches of river or canal like this.  It is beautiful.  I will always have a warm spot in my hull for this place.  But I need to get going to see more of the canals and riverways and look after 'my family' on the way.  So much to see and still to do on the waterways.

Today we moved from Hertford to Broxbourne.  I was pumped-out and filled-up with water as well as cruising 9 miles and going though 7 locks.  Some of the locks were in our favour, which makes it easier and quicker - not that we need to go fast.  Susan and Pete kept waving at the small children along the way.

Hertford and Ware lock gates were especially difficult to move.  Pete helped Susan open the gates.

Mazey was so excited during the last 3 miles from Fielde's Lock to Broxbourne - she ran alongside me with Susan.  She kept running ahead and then back to the stern to check on Pete.  Her tail was constantly wagging.  Susan had to run to keep up with us.

Once moored in Broxbourne, Susan walked up to Mill Pond and got two ice-creams, whilst Pete sorted out the TV ariel.  Pete says he really enjoyed the journey today.  Susan sat in the well-deck and watched the pair of swans with their 6 signets being fed from the towpath.  The large male swan chased a canadian goose and flew off in pursuit.  Everyone happy.  Sleep tight.



Total 9 miles and 7 locks



No comments:

Post a Comment