Thursday 11 October 2012

Leamington Spa and beyond!

After a few days rest I have set off once again on my journey.

Pete and Susan said 'farewell' to John and Kath, whilst I said a fond farewell to Kathryn.  I hope we meet up again soon.

Susan prep'd the locks at Cape of Good Hope.  Only two to do.......  Mazey also tried to help Susan when she opened the top gate by pushing on her knees - I think she wanted a biscuit......

Susan and Mazey walked alongside me today until we reached Lydel's where Susan got more food shopping.  This was followed by a short trip to Leamington Spa where I was allowed to rest and Mazey fell asleep!!!  Susan commented on making sure that I did not run into the many shopping trolleys and metal objects in this part of the canal.  You can be sure that I was extra careful.

Susan and Pete came back laden with shopping goodies and then we set off again.  All aboard!!  After about an hour I was allowed to rest again in a pretty mooring which overlooks fields.  Both Susan and Pete said it was a good job we had stopped when we did as the heavens opened and it bucketed down for the rest of the night.  Oh well, at least I get a good wash.....

Today's achievement:  2 locks and 5 miles.

Staircase Locks in Droitwich Canal

Packwood House

Baddesley Clinton
Tunnel with walk through for horses on the right

Orbs in tunnel - Are we being followed?

Mazey watching me in a lock

Autumn is here....

Hatton Locks - Kathryn and Dreamer

Saltisford Arm, Warwick - Kathryn and Dreamer

Pete and John putting the world to rights this morning

Dreamer near Leamington Spa



No comments:

Post a Comment