Saturday 8 December 2012

Broxbourne - nearly home!!

A sense of excitement today as we cruise the last part of the journey before resting for the winter.  I am pleased that I will be resting in Roydon Marina, until end January, as it can be a difficult task driving through ice and snow.  The wind is even worse as it makes it so difficult for me to manoeuvre even with Pete's expertise.  So I will be happy once I get there.  Susan especially will be happy as we will have access to water, as long as it doesn't freeze over like last year and the year before!!!!!  Also, I will be connected to a supply of electric which means she can charge all appliances and not worry about exhausting my batteries.

Update on Mazey - she is still not completely recovered from her infection and may have to be taken to the vet next week.  I'll keep you posted....  She finished her last antibiotic today with the help of a bit of peanut butter.......  On the river this morning there were 2 swans, 3 cormorants and a heron.....  No partridges in a pear tree.... Yet again we did not meet any moving boats on the way to Broxbourne.  There were a lot of children learning how to row at Broxbourne which meant I had to be steered carefully to ensure I did not drown anyone.........

At the moment there is a strong current on the River Lee and I need a bit of 'welly' to cruise through it in the opposite direction.  There is also a very good towpath along this stretch of river and so there have been loads of dog walkers, runners and cyclists.

We stop near The Crown pub in Broxbourne.  After Pete checks that he can get a TV signal, Susan and Pete pop in for a late lunch.  Susan wants to watch the X-factor final - "Come on Jahmene and James...." she shouts at the TV.......  Pete pops out for a late 'cheeky' drink with friend Gerald whilst the X-Factor is on......

Not able to post images again due to weak signal.........  Only 5 locks and 3 miles to do tomorrow.

Total 3 locks and 4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment